REAR WIDE ANGLE HDRegular price $743.00
These propshafts are made to a very high standard, please do not compare these to cheap import ones.
Fitting advice :-
Please note these propshafts have heavy-duty round flanges, when fitting make sure you clean up all flange faces as they should not sit on top of dirt or rust.
Brush grease onto flange faces this will help prevent rust.
The Slider goes to your transfer box flange, for a Double Cardan propshaft the DC end goes to the front transfer box flange.
You must ensure all UJs and the slider are fully greased on fitment and are regularly greased during use.
Always make sure your propshaft can still turn with your axle at full suspension drop out, long-travel suspension can allow the axle to drop down too far causing the joints to bind and break.
- 30 degree wide angle (1310 series) to prevent the propshaft binding up on long-travel suspension.
- Higher torque capacity than a standard Land Rover propshaft, using 50mm heavy duty 3mm wall tube.
- Heavy duty round flange face (not the old square type), that bolts onto the diff and gearbox 79.4mm PCD.
- Heavy duty 1310 series Universal Joints (81.8mm x 27mm) with nylon thrust washers and nylon/rubber seals, the nylon thrust washers also have 5 slots in them to allow grease to get to each cup when greasing (see picture of the joint, you can see the 5 slots in the thrust washer).
- Rilsan coated spline for smoother operation and helps eliminate vibrations.
- Upgraded involute spline configuration with 18 splines that is GREASABLE which is a feature only found on our propshafts.
- Double seal arrangement on the slip assembly, with 110mm of movement and full spline contact on the male and female slider to help with long-travel suspension.
- Internally plug welded to hold the grease in the slider.
- Phased when required, to reduce vibrations.
- All prop shafts come with a tube of K48 grease.