PUMA Front Double Cardan MEGA EXTREME Wide Angle HDRegular price $1,350.00
Double Cardan propshafts are used to help reduce propshaft vibrations on lifted vehicles, especially after caster correction.
- Slip joint is at the Double Cardan end out of the mud and water.
- 30 degree wide angle to prevent the propshaft binding up on long travel suspension.
- 40 degree wide angle on the Double Cardan end.
- Heavy Duty Round Flange Face (not the old square type), that bolts to gearbox and diff 79.4mm PCD.
- This version has the superior Italian Double Cardan end with slip joint built into the D/C end.
- Higher torque capacity than a standard Land Rover propshaft, using 60mm heavy duty high torque tube.
- Td5 Discovery 2 transfer box flange is not required to fit this one.
- Heavy duty cap greased 2020 series Universal Joints (30.2 x 81.8mm) with nylon thrust washers and metal/rubber seals, the nylon thrust washers also has a cross in them to allow grease to get to each cup when greasing them.
- Rilsan coated spline for smother operation and helps eliminate vibrations.
- Upgraded involute spline configuration with 18 splines that is also GREASEABLE which is a feature only found on our propshafts.
- Internally plug welded to hold grease in the slider.
- Double seal arrangement on the slip assembly, with 110mm of movement and full spline contact on the male and female slider to help with long travel suspension.
- Phased when required to reduce vibrations.
- All prop shafts come with a tube of k48 grease.
This fits straight onto a Defender style transfer box flange you will not require a Discovery 2 Transfer Box Flange to fit this one
Fitting advice :-
Please note these propshafts have heavy duty round flanges, when fitting make sure you clean up the diff and gearbox flange faces as you may have taken a square type flange off and the new round flange does not want to sit on top of dirt or rust.
The Slider goes to your transfer box flanges, for a Double Cardan prop the DC end goes to the front transfer box flange.
You must ensure all UJs and the slider are fully greased on fitment and are regularly greased during use.
We Grease all UJ’s and sliders here during final checks but sliders can not be filled with grease until a prop is fitted, you will need to fill the slider with grease.
This propshaft has 3 fully greaseable UJs, and the slider is also greaseable on these.