MAXIDRIVE 23/24 Spline FRONT AxlesRegular price $625.00
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Its time to give that weak front end some much needed strength!
These Axles are 24spline at the Diff end and 23 Spline at the CV end.
They are suitable for use:
- In your 10 spline County or Perentie - to convert to the stronger 24 spline. This is common to do when fitting a locker or an LSD to the front of these trucks.
- When you upgrade your Discovery 1, RRC, or Defender to either Ashcroft or County CVs which have a stronger 23spline female spline over the standard 32spline. (You will need an additional conversion kit to run the County C.Vs. Ask us for more information if your interested in this option, as it is cheaper than going all out and getting Ashcrofts to run with this axle & flange kit. See notes below in regards to converting a post 93-94 rig
- 32 CV end spline shaft cross section is 542mm sq.
- 23 CV end spline shaft cross section is 714mm sq
- THAT IS A 23% INCREASE IN SECTIONAL AREA OVER A STD 32 SPLINE CV END AXLE
- You can see below that for a Perentie or County converting to 24spline at the diff...the size and thus strength difference is also significant!
Photo courtesy of Brett @ https://www.roamingtheoutback.com/ - please check him out!
If converting a post 93-94 rig and are not using the Maxidrive conversion kit we supply - you will also need RTC4820 circlip and FTC254 bush. In the 'options drop down' this is the 'fitting kit'.
- County & Perentie need MDE5806 Flange
- Defender & Disco need MDE859 Flange